Thursday, June 08, 2006

Hooked On Cupcakes

Inspired by cupcake pics from chokylit, I embarked on my own cupcake journey with mixed results. Since my Sunbeam mixer (which was a hand-me-down from my Mom) conked out on me several times, I splurged on a new one last weekend hoping that it would as well be on sale just like the rest of the stores in the mall. Turned out it isnt, but I splurged nonetheless. I got a 3D with stand and bowl and was so dying to try it out that I bought cupcake ingredients as well. I was choosing from 4 chocolate cupcake recipes, but chose the one where it says Melt-in-the-mouth cakes. It turned out yummy, though still concentrated and thick inside coz my oven was conking as well! Duh! Anyway, Bee and I decorated it with edible silver balls, pink and blue sugar crystals and muticolored sprinkles. Bee had a very nice time, I say making cupcakes is a great mom-daughter bonding activity! The frostings came out yummy too, what's not to like about it, it's made of butter and cream cheese. I will post the recipes, I promise.. So anyway, we brought it to my nephew's 2nd bday party - decorations and all. Everyone was in awe at how lovely they look! My friend even wants me to do some costing so we can sell them! Wow, Im seriously contemplating it, but first - I have to do something with the oven!

No comments: